Thursday 3 March 2011

The Pierces - Me And Him

I can't heap enough praise on The Pierces. I fell utterly in love with their Love You More EP last year and I think the same is most definitely happening with their new You'll Be Mine EP too. Aside from the title track being a quality slice of chilled out pop bliss, there's a real treasure of a ballad on there too in the form of Me And Him.

The song is bewitchingly haunting in its sheer beauty. It's almost nursery rhyme-like in its melody, all innocence and sweetness. Delicate guitar strums away, conjuring up images of campfires on starry country nights. This is music to strike straight at the heartstrings. I defy anyone not to feel even just a little moved by this song. It's just simply wonderful.

Pre-order the You'll Be Mine EP here.

1 comment:

  1. Found Me and Him tonight, and I agree, this is the standout track, one of the best ballads I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.