Wednesday 16 November 2011

You Me At Six - Bite My Tongue


If there's one general rule of thumb you can usually apply to albums, it's the tracks that manage to sum up the general mix of sounds across the whole record within a single single-length four minute shot that end up being the real highlights.

As such, much touted track Bite My Tongue from You Me At Six's Sinners Never Sleep doesn't just stand out because of it's immensely satisfying screamo 'FUCK YOU!' breakdown, but because it mixes the best of the 'hard' and the 'soft' evidenced across the LP.

The chorus comes back again and again to a passionately pained cry of 'I want to hate every part of you with me', a self-destructive, apocalyptic message of relationship woes if ever there was one.

In this supremely confident blend of the tenderest emotions of the heart with steely guitar work, You Me At Six have produced one of the best rock albums of the year, of which Bite My Tongue stands as a formidable representative.

Bite My Tongue is released on the 5th December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.