Saturday 19 November 2011

Tanya Lacey - Letter To My Ex


She co-wrote Loick Essien big hit How We Roll, but for her own debut single, hip new R&B artist Tanya Lacey goes for a far slicker, retro-tinged vibe.

Riding on crisp beats and a cute piano motif, Letter To My Ex strikes the perfect balance between sugary pop sweetness and feisty female attitude.

The track strikes out with a confident message as Lacey boasts 'Letter to my ex, moving on to my next, couldn't care less...' - It's an empowered kiss-off to possessive guys, putting the girl firmly in charge.

With the likes of Emeli Sande already swiftly moving up the pop ladder from songwriter to bonafide artist in their own right, the stage is set for Lacey to do likewise - and with a lead single like Letter To My Ex, it's clear the passion and drive is already burning away there.

Definitely one to keep an eye on in 2012. For more info visit Lacey's official Facebook page where you can download the Roni Size mix of her track Born To Fly for free.

Letter To My Ex is released on the 4th December

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.