Wednesday 22 June 2011

WOW! It's a new Cher Lloyd photoshoot


Now this is more like it! I'm still feel the effects of dissapointment experienced on first hearing Cher Lloyd's debut single Swagger Jagger, and having listened to it further since then, it hasn't done much to grow on me either.

This dazzling new photoshoot is something to get excited about though. Cher looks hot, she looks trendy, and most importantly, she looks cool.

This is the kind of thing I envisioned when Cher won the X Factor, and if she'd come out with a thoroughly amazing song in conjunction with this photoshoot she'd be my new favourite popstar, without a doubt. But there lies the problem, the complete mismatch in her image and her music.

It's a shame almost, because he image is bang on. That's why we fell in love with her on X Factor after all. But any 'cool' she managed to acrue on the show or through brilliant photoshoots like this is instantly eliminated by the annoyingness of Swagger Jagger - as much as I wish I could love the track, I just can't.

I'm willing to hold out on the jury when it comes to Cher though - I have hope in her. You see, when someone like her has potential, it doesn't really go away, it's just sometimes masked behind a whole heap of other stuff.

So, for the time being, I'm hoping Swagger Jagger is just a momentary blip, and that in time Cher will grow into the full package we all imagined she'd be when we first saw her on our tellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.