Thursday 5 May 2011

Nicola Roberts ready to go with solo album Cinderella's Eyes


All week we've been getting excited about Nicola Roberts posting pictures of her legs on her new Twitter account, but now we have a full, proper picture of her! Legs, body, head, arms - everything!

This accompanies an amazing rundown of some of the album's tracks on Popjustice featuring some of the lyrics. A sample includes the heartbreaking "Too young to buy my own bottle of vodka so I begged the driver, 'please I need another'. How funny that I was too young for so many things, yet you thought I'd cope with being told I'm ugly over and over. I'd read it, believe it, said no to the shrink. I can fix it, I think…" With emotionally charged, close-to-the-bone stuff like this, I can definitely imagine a few tears amongst fans as they listen to the album.

The Sun has also run an article on Nicola's solo material where they reveal her album will be entitled Cinderella's Eyes - how delightfully pretty! They even compare her vocals to Kate Bush. Speaking to the paper, Nicola shared her excitement about the whole project: "It's a fun record. It was important my first single was different to anything else around. I love that it's a song everyone can sing and dance along to."

Beat of my Drum is released on June 5th, Cinderella's Eyes comes out in the Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.